Tuesday, November 4, 2008

11.1 Elections & communication approach

Today is certainly a remarkable day in the American History: it is election day! I thought it would be interesting to make it a topic for my blog because it is a subject that calls my attention, and because I believe it has everything to do with organizational communication.

In my entire life I’ve never been so into Politics like now. The way mass media has reported information about the presidential candidates is astonishing to me. What has counted the most since the campaigns started around 18 months ago is race, gender, and minor details that do not even deserve attention.

Establishing a comparison between organizational communication and how mass media reports information, I see that both have the power to manipulate information to convey the message they want. As a result, the same way employees get frustrated with misleading information within an organization, voters feel twisted and frustrated with how mass media portrayed information the way they wanted during this election season.

Garota de Ipanema

No comments: