Tuesday, October 7, 2008

7.1 Workplace Relationships

7.1 Workplace Relationships (10/7/08 at 9:10 p.m.)
I absolutely agree that “many of the relationships we form do have a substantial impact on our careers”. When I think about all companies I have worked for throughout my career, I can numerate how many people have impacted my career. Although I do have my own opinion about many things, I realize that many of my beliefs have changed due to someone’s influence.

I believe I have already mentioned about someone I consider my counselor, whose name is Carlos. He was my manager for four years. His excellent communication skills and leadership impacted my life tremendously. He trained me on how to conduct my presentations at work and at school. He also showed me, through his example, what is required to be considered a leader.

Whenever I encounter some challenging situation – either at work or at school I refer to Carlos. I indeed admire him as a professional, and I try to carry myself the same way he does.

Garota de Ipanema

No comments: